Thursday, February 15, 2007

A Good Day!

Ever notice how a few kind words can really make your day? First I get an email from my new editor at The Wild Rose Press saying she's heard great comments about the short story we're going to start editing. Then she tells me she's read through it and loves it, and that I have a lot of talent! Good vibes surrounded me. Then, out of the blue, I got a note from Aspen Mountain Press about a book that doesn't quite fit the mold for most other publishers. I'd kind of given up on finding a home for it. But based on a synopsis and the first three chapters, they offered me a contract to e-publish it. The editor had nice things to say as well. Lesson learned: Positive comments can really lift someone's spirits. Say at least one unexpected nice thing to someone every day!

No comments: